The to do list
The Affair code is in continuous development, and a preview of things to come are:
- store plots for the past day for ALL days, using a calendar for access
- use the new ROOT feature to store graphs as png, instead of first as eps
- switch monitoring using SNMP. Perhaps use MRTG/shamelessly copy relevant components?
- Enable in Affair Control starting and stopping individual nodes
- Enable in Affair Control on the fly changing of node parameters
- Enable in Affair Control and the web easy analysis(graphs, histograms, correlations)
of offline data, with user defined time periods
in progress (2/2/2005)
- Make Run Control much more versatile, giving status of nodes, details of each node like which disks used,...
- Generate warnings if disks too full, cpu too high ,..., on the web and on the affair control. Timetable for this is unknown in progess (1/1/2006)
- Generate summary performance info, warnings, for mobile phones. Timetable for this is unknown
- Much more..